2021-12-26, Avon Old Farms School, Avon, CT.

 I went back to the Avon Old Farms School area on 2021-12-26.  I produced a new version of my interactive map with location numbers for the spots I'll refer to in this post.  I added more trails.  Here's a link to the revised interactive map: https://arcg.is/1e4rXe0 .  Here's a static screenshot of the interactive map.


1.  As I did on 2021-12-24, I parked in the town of Avon parking lot on Tillotson Road.


2.  Back at the culvert that took Thompson Brook under the New Haven - Northampton canal.



3.  Another pitch pine.



4.  A larger pitch pine.



4.  The pitch pine didn't have a lot of needles, but it did have some.



Near 4.  Both Avon Old Farms School and Winding Trails had many no trespassing signs.



5.  On a trail that touched on Thompson Brook.



6.  Part of an old motor of some kind next to a trail.



7.  This must be a swimming pond for Avon Old Farms School.  It's a dammed-up section of Thompson Brook.



8.  I didn't have time to do the yellow-trail circuit which goes southerly into Farmington and follows the Farmington River northerly back to the parking lot at location 1.


Here's the link to my 2021-12-24 blog post with more pictures I took in the area: https://davidreikphotos.blogspot.com/2021/12/2021-12-24-avon-old-farms-school.html



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022-6-5, Metacomet Trail, East Granby, CT.

2022-6-3, Lake Compounce Area Trails, Southington, CT

2020-8-2, Highlawn Forest, Middletown, CT